Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dusting myself off

The smoke has cleared from yesterday's debacle, and I am moving on. A trip to the fabric store after work should yield more of the blue, and I dove into my stash last night and found I still have plenty of the browns and tans to get all my blocks. And if anything else should decide to leap into my cart while I am at the store - so be it...

I my search of the stash I even found a scrap from the wedding quilt Lazy Sister Sue made for hubby and I - so I am working a few squares of that in as well. I think that is fitting.

I've got a few ideas for the remains from Take I - including one that actually uses all the blocks in the same quilt but in a different setting - more like a sampler or row by row quilt. Hubby does not think it will work, but it's not for him anyway. I just need to find a time when I can get the Munchkin's toys cleared up from the floor and spread it all out to get the full effect and see if that is what I really want to do. I will be sure to post pictures.

1 comment:

Gina said...

well done for finding a way to use the 'wrong' blocks.
I can't believe you asked your hubby's opinion, haven't you realised that they know nothing, they're men!

love and hugs xxx