Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Phoenix Mystery Quilt III

(if you are needing to catch up - please read the posts tagged "Mystery Quilt")

The "Eye Blocks"

When I was at the deepest darkest moment of despair and realized none of my blocks could be used in the original pattern, my brain immediately started twisting and turning these big focal blocks around in my brain to figure out how else they could be combined into a pleasing design.

In the soap bubble sketches on the bathroom shower tiles, the "eye blocks" were born.

To assemble - stitch pairs of the blue blocks together, matching triangle corners.
NOTE: for a scrappier look, be sure that adjacent triangles are not of the same fabric.
You will make 36 pairs of these:


To make the "eye block" combine these blocks together, matching the center triangle, to form this:


You will end up with 18 of these blocks that measure 8.5" square.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Ooh.. I need to go catch up so I can play along...

Jen said...

ROFLMAO, An 'eye' block? LOL. I I I I I I I I I I I I