Friday, September 12, 2008

Flashback Friday - The Little Munchkin

I've got this great little "widget" on my computer that goes through my photo folders and pulls up random images all day long. Other than the old old slides that I blackmail my siblings with, and a few of crafty projects and other such things, the majority of these pictures are of The Munchkin. It is amazing to go from 3 days old in one photo, to 3 years old in the next.

For this week's Flashback Friday I decided to go find this image of him from September 12, 2005.

There were so many remarkable things about this photo.
1. He was so little.
2. Most of his toys fit in that basket.
3. The coffee table/trunk was still in the living room, and not relegated to the bedroom to allow more living room rug space for trains.
4. The magazines were actually neatly sorted and not all mushed in a pile. We must of either had company coming or they had just been there.
5. He was so little.

Then I got carried away and pulled images from as close to this date as I could in 2006 and 2007. In the 2nd image we were starting to have to corral him in - although the "play yard" encompassed most of the living room. He was starting to pull himself onto the couch a lot, and so the wrapped cushions with slipcover underneath were to keep the slipcover ON the sofa (those cushions now have fun funky striped covers on them).

We were outside for the bubble photo - unfortunately dino the bubble maker only lasted one season. We did get a new one for this year, but have yet to pull him out. He's still wearing both that hat and that shirt, a full year later, although they fit a bit more snugly.


The last picture is from our visit to the zoo just a few days ago.
Thanks for indulging a mommy in a short walk down memory lane.

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a cutie he is. I have that thingee on my computer too. I love seeing all the little snippets from our life.

Anjeanette said...

Oh I love stuff like this. Looking through their growth and memories. I have to say that I absolutely adore the last one. It really is a great shot.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

What a dear little guy. Sweet pics....love the colored bandaid on his leg.

Job said...

so adorable. Love the photos!!!