Monday, September 22, 2008

Turtle of the Day - Kame

"Kame" is the Japanese word for turtle, and turtles and cranes are common symbols in Japanese folk art and mythology.

A few weeks ago I posted about my garden and the Alien Seed Pods, and I finally got my seeds sent out to people who wanted them. One great friend swapped some cilantro seeds back to me - and included this wonderful fat quarter of fabric in the package with the seeds.

It's a lovely shade of burgundy, and has the look of silk in a wonderfully soft cotton. I've suddenly grown this wonderful collection of turtle fabrics through the generosity of some very special people - I am going to have to start including a turtle somewhere in each quilt I make or something fun like that. None of them really match so I can't really do a turtle fabric only project, unless I issue sunglasses with it!

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

If you ever sent me a top to quilt for you, I bet that I could quilt it with turtles.... I may have to practice them this weekend just to say that I can do it!