Monday, September 08, 2008

Turtle of the Day - Secret Shopper

Lazy Sister Sue went to the AQS quilt show in Nashville a few weeks ago, and before she left she kept asking if I had a wish list of stuff I wanted her to get for me down there. I really did not have much, but she said it was more fun to shop with a purpose in a big show like that, so I rattled off a few ideas for her to keep an eye out for.

It turns out she was actually on a mission for someone else, and doing some Secret Shopping. I got a fun surprise package in the mail a few days after she got home, which included these turtles, and this whole other pile of goodies.

The chenille cutter is one thing I mentioned I needed, since I bought a pattern for a chenille jacket on my one woman five shop hop in July. And I had been looking for the Java House Just in Cases pattern for a while, since I wanted to make the turtle case for LSS and I. I just was trying to avoid exorbitant shipping fees.

The rest was a great surprise! When I first opened the package I saw an envelope with my name on it - I set that aside to read later and dove right into the Pajama Quilter book. As I lifted that out, there was another envelope with my name on it - different hand writing. Hmmm - strange... so I sat down and opened the cards before digging further into the box. The secret was then revealed and explained - what fun!!!

These kinds of secrets are fun... which is why I am going to keep the identity of Secret Buddy between SB, LSS and I. Although the two of them conspiring on things could be dangerous.

Thanks!



2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

NO fair!!! You can't say that there is a secret and then NOT TELL!!!! When will we find out???

Anonymous said...

MMMMM, my lips are sealed! It sure was fun to conspire with SB to surprise you and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Glad you are enjoying the goodies. For the record, the chenille cutter was one that I had and wasn't using, as were the FQs, the rest of the goodies were compliments of SB.

LYL MYM