Friday, February 13, 2009

Kiss Bags

Wanting to do something a little different for Valentine's Day AND do a little stash busting at the same time, I decided to take this pattern and make some little gift bags to fill with chocolates.

I made the smallest size, actually cutting it at 6 inches instead of 6.5. It was the narrowest I can go on the free arm of my sewing machine so I recommend caution on going that narrow, depending on your machine. I also made it a smidge shorter and boxed the bottom with 1.5" corners instead of 1" - resulting in a squarer bag. I was working with remnants and trying to make all the bags uniform in size, which dictated some of my cutting choices.

I also used ribbon instead of bias strip for the button loops, which worked very well.

I production lined 9 of these - completing everything except the buttons - in about 2 1/2 hours, which included cutting. I had never made this pattern before.

I would definitely consider making these again - in a variety of sizes. They were a great stash buster and could really show off fun fabrics.

4 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Oh these are so adorable!! I'll be checking out that pattern for sure. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute. Thanks for sharing this pattern with us.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Very cute! Great job!

Cindy said...

Those turned out so darn cute. Now if Valentines day wasn't tomorrow and if I had someone to give them to they would be perfect. Maybe for Easter instead of baskets those would be perfect.