Wanting to do something a little different for Valentine's Day AND do a little stash busting at the same time, I decided to take this pattern and make some little gift bags to fill with chocolates.
I made the smallest size, actually cutting it at 6 inches instead of 6.5. It was the narrowest I can go on the free arm of my sewing machine so I recommend caution on going that narrow, depending on your machine. I also made it a smidge shorter and boxed the bottom with 1.5" corners instead of 1" - resulting in a squarer bag. I was working with remnants and trying to make all the bags uniform in size, which dictated some of my cutting choices.
I also used ribbon instead of bias strip for the button loops, which worked very well.
I production lined 9 of these - completing everything except the buttons - in about 2 1/2 hours, which included cutting. I had never made this pattern before.
I would definitely consider making these again - in a variety of sizes. They were a great stash buster and could really show off fun fabrics.