Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turtle of the Day - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny

When I started this story, I mentioned the tiny shell turtle I purchased on a school trip while in Japan. I had it wrong though - I must have given my friend the white one, because in my teddy bank I found the purple one.

The bank is a story itself - I was given it for my 19th birthday, which I celebrated in Japan. Actually I was given the key to a public locker. You know the kind you put a quarter in (or 10 yen I think?) and get the key? Well - the bear bank was sitting on top of his box inside the locker, with his little sign in his hand.

It now holds a bunch of little memories from that year in Japan -five yen coins, a Hershey's Kiss paper that was WAAAYYY longer than usual, a special coin and grain of rice from a temple at New Year's, and this teeny tiny little purple turtle.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Boy, he is little.

Oh, by the way, I am enjoying the guided tour of your turtle collection. Brings back many pleasant memories, doesn't it?

Amelia in Oklahoma

Moneik said...

What a little turtle! He's great though because it's purple.