Monday, June 08, 2009

Coming up Short

Tonight I decided to finish up the last of the 4 quilts that Jill machine quilted for me. It happens to be the one for Hubby - the Boy Scout quilt.

I had one piece of the green with the words left over for the binding - and carefully cut my 2 1/2 inch strips, stitched them together - and then on a whim decided to check the overall length prior to pressing the binding in half.

I am short - probably about 20 inches short (estimating high of course).

So I need a scrap 2 1/2" wide by about 20 inches long of the olive Boy Scout fabric by Robert Kaufman. My JoAnn's does not have this particular fabric (they carry the line - just don't have this one) - and I don't know if my LQS has any left.

Anyone out there working with this fabric and happen to have any scraps left over? I would be willing to piece the 20" if there are multiple scraps of the right width.

Dang -I knew I should have cut them at 2 1/4" instead....

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, that stinks! I don't have any, but will keep my eye out. Did they have it at Fabric Shack? I am going to be back there at the end of next week and can pick up a quarter yard if no one else has it.

Jen said...

I don't work till Sunday but we might have it. I just can't say for certain.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I checked our local Joann's .. they had some boy scout fabric a while back...but no luck now! Sorry! I'll keep looking!