I got a couple of sewing sessions in this morning - the Munchkin and I took a mid-morning break to restock some videos and toys (and coffee!) upstairs - and then I was at it again.
I finished 2 different pillowcases - one for a birthday party this afternoon, and the other one for the Munchkin.
Both of these were start to finish projects - and I did a bit of stash busting with the black flange and the cuff on the Cars pillowcase.
The star fabric on the hockey case is a staple fabric I like to use for the body of pillowcases - it is nice and soft and cool on your face, but the stars give it a nice little dimension. It is a mid-range price fabric at JoAnn's, too - so when I have a good coupon or there is a good sale, I like to stock up on this one. It also makes a nice white-on-white for other projects.
I like to use this neutral for most of my case bodies for 3 reasons. The first is cost - I can do a novelty fabric cuff with 1/4 yard and not break my budget. The second is quality - sometimes I find the novelty fabric I want, but it is not a nice smooth soft finish for sleeping on. The third is best described as "restfulness" - I once had someone comment that the pillowcase I made was nice, but that the fabric was very busy and they did not find it restful when going to sleep.
I usually evaluate the focus fabric I have, and then decide what approach to take on a case by case basis ('scuse the pun!) - you can see with the Cars fabric that I opted to use that as the body and use stash for the cuff.