Sunday, June 21, 2009

Changing Gears

After a full day of working outside - hauling mulch and topsoil to where they are supposed to be and reclaiming the driveway, I decided some "little work" was in order, and decided to do some beading instead of sewing.

I first repaired a bracelet a co-worker had asked me to fix for her. It was purchased from a commercial home-party company, and they had strung it on what felt like waxed cord, which had stretched and frayed. I swapped it out for tigertail and now it should be nice and sturdy for her.

The other project was a lanyard for my work ID - now that we have swipe card access instead of keys. I wanted some thing neutral in color for this first one -although I anticipate making more for different seasons and/or outfits - although the beads I chose ended up making the entire thing quite heavy. It's hard to see in this not-so-good photo, but the white rounds and squares are a shell-like material, and the diamonds are silver. In between all of them are silver lined glass beads in 3 sizes. The clip is recycled from a fabric lanyard I got at a convention somewhere over the past few years.

Now to get my ID punched to fit in the clip and I will be all set to go.

3 comments:

jill said...

sorry this is out of the blue, were you the one looking for a science experiment?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Very cool! I didn't know you beaded! A woman of many talents.....
Regina

piecesofpatti said...

Very nice! i would love to bead, but I cannot keep up with what I do now. How do you do all you do and work and have a family. Give me your secret.