Sunday, June 07, 2009

It's so nice when Hubby comes home...

Hubby was away at camp for the weekend - an adults work weekend to get Scout camp ready for the summer. He left EARLY Thursday morning, and got home at noonish today.

45 minutes after he got home, I was out the door to a quilt show.

And with him handling bedtime - I was able to get 2 more finishes (start to finishes) done, which gives me 2 more in the first week of our Waun-a-Quilt summer.

The crabby fabric of the pillowcase I have had for a while, and thought I could get the cuff out of my stash, but nothing was jumping out at me so I went back to the store and picked up one of the coordinates.

The Cars bag is from the leftover fabric from the pillowcase I made yesterday and is for the Munchkin to carry around his "Cars cars" that he likes to play with. He has been carrying them around in a bag with trains on it - and somehow that was working for him, but just did not sit right with me - not when I could coordinate things for him.

The quilt show was interesting - I went by myself, which was not nearly as fun as it would have been if I had gone with someone else - I chatted with a few people as we looked at the quilts and browsed the vendors, and I ran into one co-worker that I did not know was a quilter, but most of the time I was walking through alone.

I took a few pictures -will probably share those tomorrow.

Tonight I will just share my 2 finishes - and the first peek at Purple Miranda I.

5 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Four finishes for the whole weekend??? I feel like such a slacker! Way to go!!

Moneik said...

The Miranda looks great! Can't wait to see pictures of your quilt show. I'm uploading mine now.

Higgins Design Studio said...

glad you had fun at the quilt show... the PURPLE Miranda looks pretty! And why should the Munchkin have to carry cars in a train bag? I think coordination is a good thing!
Love you sis!
C

Linda said...

I always love reading your posts, seeing what you've done and hearing about the Munchkin. You're going to put all the other peeps to shame if you keep that UFO schedule up! I haven't finished even one yet. :-)

Shellie said...

I love the crab fabric.....Maryland girl and all!!! You really can piece together just about anything. You go!!!
shellie