Jill asked recently what causes my projects to stay unfinished.
For me I think it is a combination of factors...
1. Cutting/piecing/bordering - these are all things I can easily do in short spurts in the late hours (9-11) when I usually do most of my quilting. This way I am not taking away from family time.
2. Cutting/piecing/bordering also don't take too much energy (see reference to late hours above).
3. Sandwiching can normally NOT be done in my house -unless it is a small quilt. There is just not enough available open floor space. I pin baste my quilts, and have had great success borrowing Shellie's living room floor - but I don't have the stamina to pin up more than one in an evening, so they are a bit backed up.
4. Wrestling the weight of a quilt on the table without a drop in or an extension - especially late at night - often needs more energy than I have at the time.
5. Quilting a large quilt during the daytime/weekends takes away from family time, so I tend not to do it unless I am really up against a deadline.
So that's about the extent of it. I am working on point #4 - and Shellie helps with point #3 - so hopefully we will soon have fewer U's and more F's. (yeah, right!)