Monday, August 24, 2009

Turtle of the Day - Shimmy Shake

Wow - it's been a while since I have done one of these. I do have a small pile of turtle stuff to be photographed that I had buried here and there - but before I do those I want to introduce you to the new turtle in my life - Shimmy Shake.

He's ceramic - a bit smaller than my fist, and his legs, head and tail all hang from little loops built into the shell so that they wiggle and shimmy and shake whenever he is moved.

He rode to my house cocooned in this box of turtle fabric - what could be more fitting! This fabric (In the Beginning's Lily Pond plus one extra filler from Moda) will turn into a baby quilt for my turtle loving neighbor's 2nd child. Her older son (now 2) got one of my first ever turtle quilts - but I have a feeling as long as we are neighbors there will be more turtle quilts - baby and adult - in our futures!

(and no - the baby quilt won't be mine...)

Thanks Jill!

3 comments:

Shellie said...

Jill is such a sweetie! =) I love the fabric. It will make a great quilt... and left overs.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Shimmy shake is perfect!!! He is so adorable!! I believe that I have been holding onto him since early June if not late May!

And love those fabrics!!

Gina said...

He/she is so cute. The fabric is great, I can't wait to see the quilts.

Love and hugs Gina xxx