Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Garden Update

Sorry - I have been slacking on both the gardening and quilting updates. We are keeping busy on both fronts -the cool weather has extended some harvests, and delayed others, and made sewing in the attic much more comfortable than normal for this season.

Here's a few garden photos for your enjoyment:


The cucumber pyramid - peas climbing up 2 sides and pretty much finished for the season, cucumbers just starting to climb on the corners (slowed by cool weather) and lettuce still producing in the middle (slowed, too). The peppers line each side - and a renegade tomato on the lawn on the side, self seeded from last years fallen fruit.


Two of the six hanging bags. The only caveat is that I have to be sure they stay well watered -they tend to dry out quickly, even with all the rain we have had. The greens look pretty yellowed, but the fruits are still growing and some blossoms keep opening.

Our first harvest - two tomatoes and basil from the herb garden. YUMMY!!!


5 comments:

Shellie said...

Wonderful!! I miss my Pop Pop's garden. He grew the best tomatoes. I bet yours are just as good. Great job.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Wow!! Those tomatoes look awesome!! I bet I could grow them at my condo even!

Enjoy!!

Carin said...

your tomatoes look fantastic, my DH used plastic buckets to hang them in and they sork "okay" I will have to show him the bags.

Gina said...

Doesn't home grown taste so much nicer than shop bought. I don't grow veg myself but my FIL does so I go and dig some up from his allotment.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Regina said...

mmmmm, fresh, homegrown tomatoes and basil! Looks heavenly!