Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fuzzy Face

The Munchkin does NOT like to have his hair cut. Not at all.
We have had 5 different people try - with varied success.

He finally said he would let "Miss Judy" cut his hair if she taught Mommy how to do it, so that I could do it next time.

So she did.... and I did.

Not the best haircut he's ever had - but also not the worst.

We put a sheet down on the floor with his youth chair on top, draped him with another sheet, and popped in a movie.

Not a squirm, not a peep, not a struggle.

Whew.

I cut it as short as I dared - since I don't know how he will be next time we try this, so the longer we can go in between, the happier Mommy will be.

Dad used to cut my hair when I was a kid - not some of my happier moments. It was your typical "bowl" cut with very little in the way of styling going on - but sometimes the "bowl" would be tipped way towards the back and I would have bangs that were shorter than my eyelashes!!! Lets hope the Munchkin has a better experience (and that my technique gets a little better - especially around his ears).

We headed up for a tubby right after this - to get all the fuzzies off. I think I had nearly as many on me!!! It is amazing how much more quickly we can wash and dry his hair, though. It is VERY thick and holds water like a sponge.

Ah - it will be nice when we can do this on the deck in the summertime!!! Right now we are still in permafreeze, with our snowman nearing the ripe old age of 23 (days).

If this snow keeps up, Snowy might need his own haircut!!!

Have scissors, will travel!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great haircut Regina! I wonder if it is something about boys...mine won't sit still for one either, but my daughter is great....

Jen said...

Fun story!! Munchkin is cute as always!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. For the longest time Joshua hated haircuts. He would scream and cry the whole time I tried to cut it. For the longest time he had buzz cuts because of it.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Too fun! It looks great!

Colleen said...

Ian hates haircuts, too. I finally started giving them at home, too, and have the same thought as you- cut them as short as you dare, so you don't have to cut it as often. Looks good!