Sunday, September 16, 2012

Speedbumps

Last week it was broken rotary cutters -this week it is a missing purse pattern. The ideas are buzzing around my brain - but I've not been able to fully realize them due to all these little "speedbumps". Hubby replaced my rotary cutters - and I 'think' I know another place to look to find my pattern so now that the weekend gardening and home improvement projects are winding down for the day, hopefully I can get back up to full speed in the studio.

Until then I will leave you with photos from the quilt show Shellie and I went to this weekend.  Shellie had 2 entries -and our friend Glynis had a few as well.  A few more were just inspiring.  It was a tiny show -only about 100 quilts -but it's right down the road from home and in the same location as our farmer's market, so it was a nice afternoon out (followed by car shopping - more on that to follow later this week)

Shellie and her wall hanging.
Glynis' dragonfly sashiko - love this!
Inspiration - churn dash with a ribbon weave secondary pattern.
Shellie's Monkey Wrench quilt entry.
Some pink pinwheel inspiration
Owls
Not sure what this pattern is - but it is a lovely quilt.
 

3 comments:

Michele T said...

I've had two Fiskars rotary cutters break on me at different times and after contacting them via email, I was advised to send a photo of the broken cutter include my forwarding address and they sent me a brand new one!! Check it out! The cutters are guaranteed for life!

Jean(ie) said...

Yay for new rotary cutters! That will surely bring out some inspiration.

I love the look of the pink pinwheel quilt. The block concept of using strings is cool.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for new cutters and the hubby who got them! :) Great quilts in the show and woo hoo for Shellie!