Friday, February 04, 2011

QDD

Jill has asked if I know "why" I have UFO's and PIGS and other projects that never seem to be done.

I've said it before and I will say it again - I have "QDD."

That is "Quilters Distraction Disorder" - or perhaps "CDD" - Crafters Distraction Disorder.

I was doing better in January - making a concerted effort to slow down my perusal of crafting blogs and websites - to focus on the patterns at hand and not feel like I need to print and start the latest and greatest free pattern shared by my favorite online quilters.

I WAS doing better in January.

On Wednesday, February 2nd I tripped... and fell headlong into cutting out a Moda Bake Shop free pattern that was recently posted.

My quilts I started in January? Not done.
My tiger wall hanging I started in January? Not done.

That is not to say that I haven't had finishes in January - I did finish up decorations for the Munchkin's birthday party (pictures to come after), and props, and goodie bags, and fly bean bags.

I guess I just need to turn off the internet, cancel all my magazine subscriptions, stop going to the library - and FOCUS.

Yeah -like that is going to happen.

the QDD/CDD and the UFO's are here to stay.... (until I get them done! and find more!)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds too familiar!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Too funny!! And like we will really ever turn off the net! Bwahahahaha!!!