Monday, July 28, 2008

Turtle of the Day - Lightless Night Light

Brother Bill sent me this turtle -it "was" a really cool night light with an amber glass shell - or at least I am taking Brother Bill's word for it as that was how he saw it in the store. The people who shipped it from that store must have figured that the turtle is a sturdy little critter and really did not need bubble wrap or cushioning in the package for shipment from Boston to Ohio.

By the time it got to me, I think the glass had turned back into sand. There wasn't much left.

I have kept the framework -I keep intending to build this guy a new shell, but I don't do glass work. Maybe some translucent polymer clay would work? Hmmm......

3 comments:

Amelia said...

He does look a bit naked...

Amelia

Connie said...

Jenny Craig turtle. Lost a little too much weight! Can't the goobers who shipped him so carelessly wrangle a replacement shell?

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

The turtle shell sounds like a fun something to do.