Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Carrots and "Ungrens" and Peas - oh my

Just thought we needed a carrot and "ungren" growth update.

The Gardener Contemplating the Possibilities - and the Cow Poop.

The carrots are coming along well. This was the first burst of growth, and they are now looking more "carrot top" like - and need to be thinned. Must do that when the Munchkin is not around, as he wants to harvest them NOW!

The Gardener/Photographer taking a picture of the "hole" where he stuck ONE pea seed. He was oblivious to the fact that he was stepping on his carrots.

The Gardener watering his plot. It was not such a concern before the seeds sprouted, but after they came up his desire to BLAST the water out full force became an issue. Luckily the nozzle is adjustable and I have it set to a fine mist, even on max power.

The "ungrens" are a fizzle -I think out of the bag of bulbs we got 3.
No wonder they were on sale.

What can I say - the boy likes to water. Here he is watering the ground under the arborvitae and behind the daylilies - no plants there - just a hole that obviously needed water.

And this is the best crop of all...



7 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Regina! Your munchkin is just adorable!!! I love that he likes to help!

LYL

Sandra :) said...

I wish I had a gardener just like yours - he's adorable!! I'm sending one of mine out to weed our (very small) gardens today --- he's 18 so you can imagine the looks I'll likely get, LOL.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh what a wonderful pic that is of him. He's such a cutie. They don't even how a clue just how much they are learning when they garden. What a great Mom you are!

Amelia said...

Oh you are building such sweet memories with this doll of a child.Do keep us abreast of the garden growth and when you start picking your crop of ceggies.

Amelia

QuiltNut Creations said...

oh they are both so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your garden and your helper! Hope everything grows strong and healthy for you. The cow poop reminds me of Mrs. Lowery and her "chicken s#*t" that she used on her sweet corn!

LYL MYM

Higgins Design Studio said...

The cow poop also reminds me of the 'toto' that the Obergfelds used to fertilize their lawn...
Love you sis!
Cindy