Last night I went on a total cutting jag - I am prepping for a craft show (in December!!! - with perhaps some stuff previewing in August) and was able to get out and purchase some yummy fabrics yesterday. The best part was that they were all clearance fabrics (and due to a cashier error I did not catch until just now - two of them were free!!!)
The Munchkin was cooperative -and before dinner I managed to get most of the fabric washed and dried, and commenced cutting, breaking only for dinner and bedtime stories, and finishing up around 10:45PM.
17 lunch tote covers got cut out - with pockets - and 7 linings. The rest of the scraps were cut for various pouches, and whatever was left went into 2 1/2" strips and 1" squares - all stash management ideas I picked up from Bonnie at Quiltville.
The little pile with the rotary cutter on top is ALL that was left - except for the small pile of big remnants not shown in this photo. That's all the garbage I had - and if I had more energy I probably could have squeezed another couple 1 inchers out of a few pieces - but I was done.
I am building up my "palette" for the watercolor quilts - and purchased a little case to keep them in - after tonight's efforts I think I either need to get a bigger case, or get a couple more for the different colors.
I am already visualizing how these little bits will work into some great watercolor panels. I am not sure if I am going to be designing the panel, and fitting the fabrics into it, or if knowing what I already have cut out will influence my designs. Time will tell on that one.
I have a few more fabrics still to be washed, and a couple more in my stash that may get used. I think I will see how the bags are received in August to decide how much more overhead I want to wrap up in this between now and December. Otherwise EVERYONE will be getting lunch totes for Christmas!!!