Well the seahorse quilt is still a work in progress - I ran out of some of the blues to finish up the water, so need to visit the fabric store to restock before I can go any further (the store in Buffalo did not have the fabrics I needed)
So in the meantime, I decided to play with the scraps of interfacing, leftover orange pieces, and some of the extra blues. I am making a modified Lazy Girl Runaround Bag out of this piece, and will use all the other leftover orange bits to do the top front. This "seahorse" was done totally freehand, without looking back at my pattern. I think he turned out pretty good.
This block is approximately 8 inches wide and 10 inches long. It needs a bit of trimming and good pressing to square it back up a bit.
It was a good warm up for assembling the quilt panel and also gave me a good idea of how much bulk I will be dealing with behind the big seahorse so I can be figuring out how to finish it.
Boy those squares get REALLY tiny!!! Each little square you see here is 1/2 inch across!!!
Oh - and this bag is all for ME ME ME!!! This way I have something to keep after I give the quilt away.