I had a hard time saying goodbye to this quilt - I really really liked how it turned out, and was nearly tempted to go up to the auction and bid on it for myself.
It was hard to get a good picture of the binding, but it is made from 10" strips cut from the leftover Layer Cake pieces, so it is variegated all the way around.
The quilting was a straight grid - and my walking foot and I are finally getting along so it turned out nicely. I did not spray baste anything - just pinned it all very well - and it cooperated.
I also tried something new to me with this quilt - I did not pre-wash anything and then washed the entire thing before sending it off to the auction - it got a wonderful crinkly look to it.
I hope it keeps its new owners warm and cozy!