Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Brick City


Last night was a productive one, and even though I had a few fat quarters that were a bit skinny, and one that had a flaw right down the middle, I managed to put together the 35 blocks needed for the lap quilt.

This is the rough layout on the living room floor, after some help from my husband in rearranging a few of the blocks. I have them stacked and ready to assemble - which will be tonight's project.

I am still not sure which fabric I want for the border, but have decided that the binding - and probably the backing - will be the chocolate brown with the gold (second row from bottom, middle block). I am putting one layer of soft flannel in the center (my batting of preference) and will tie this one for lack of time (and in deference to the limping walking foot on my machine).

I hope to know more on baby neighbor today - they should be coming home thisafternoon.

No comments: