Saturday, July 12, 2008

Garden Grown Wild

Gardens are unpredictable. You never know what you are going to get out of your garden (like tough peas), or what is going to get into your garden (like the squirrels who sampled EVERY ONE of my peppers last year)

This year it's the vines - the crazy vines -they are taking over. Between my cucumbers rapidly overgrowing the bounds of their box (in the foreground) to my neighbors pumpkins (the bright green in the background- tough to see in this photo unless you know they are there) which are rapidly making a dash west from their home near the driveway across my lawn towards the stolen peonies.

Even the driveway melons are threatening to make a break for it. Before too much longer Hubby won't have any lawn left to mow.

Now if all these vines would just start to bear some female blossoms we would be in business!

And those pesky squirrels? This year I planted something special just for them... They can try one, as long as they leave me enough to make some of these. And if not -there is always the farmers market.

No comments: