Sunday, June 17, 2012

Teacher Gift

Tis the season for year-end teacher gifts.  I've been googling and reading and thinking and deciding... there are lots of cool printables and "punny" ideas out there, but somehow nothing was clicking with me - or with the Munchkin -as being right for his teacher.

I had an apple dishtowel I had picked up at Target to make a tote bag out of - so we finally decided to give her that and fill it with some goodies.  After a trip to the grocery store with a 7 year old whose head is filled with "punny" ideas, and this is what we came up with.
Elementary school and goldfish go together, right?

Nearly bought a can of alphabet soup - until I read the ingredients. Won't give someone something I won't eat myself - and this is healthier!!!
He insisted one of the gifts had to be chocolate.

ok... so Mommy coached him a bit on this one, but I thought they would go nice with the "souper" noodles.
The bag - a tea towel and lined with white fabric with ABC's printed on it.  the handles are made from the excess cut off each side of the bag.
All filled and then he tagged it with a note saying what he liked best about this year.
 RECESS!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a great teacher gift! Love the S'mores goldfish with the adventure note.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Too cute!! Awwww, I miss the Munchkin!!

Michelle said...

Very cute!!