I am loving my clothesline this summer -not so much for drying laundry (especially since last time I tried that the one and only rain cloud in the sky opened up on my yard) but for getting wonderful shots of my completed flimsies. I don't have a big design wall or open floor space inside - so especially when my quilts are big, getting a good photo is a challenge. Don't know what I will do with any quilts I finish once the weather turns? Maybe a snowbound clothesline shot will be worth a try?! :-)
This flimsie above pairs up with the pieced backing below and I hope to have it quilted and delivered to Dad in mid-October when we go visit.
If you do a closeup look on the backing, you can see the tools on the fabric - I had to do a bit of creative piecing to get it wide enough - and then had to piece again when I mismeasured the first insert... but I like how it turned out. It used up a few of the extra blocks I had made. The lighter large piece of fabric near the bottom is brush strokes so looks like it was paintbrushed - a great fit with the tools.
Thanks again to Jill for her fabric shopping - and then sending me the extra piece of the dark rust that she had bought for herself so that I could eek out enough borders for the top, and extra for the back.