Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


This was a project for a friend who was getting married. She needed some repair work (regluing of beads, cleaning, etc...) done on her tiara, which was in a plastic "blister pack." I decided after all the repair work that it needed a new home, and 2 evenings and lots of Mod-Podge later, this is the result.

The box was a recycled cookie box that originally came from Japan and was sent to my former employer and shared among my coworkers. I of course kept the empty box. It was then used as a shipping box back and forth between South Carolina and New York a few times for small items, and ended up in my closet holding pins, mysterious keys, and a few other odds and ends.

Add to it some paper from a stash I have had for about 8 years (reduce), and the leftover pearls and some other beads leftover from another project (reuse) - and viola. And now her friends all want boxes of their own...

No comments: