That's the sound of me patting myself on the back. I am feeling pretty pleased with myself right now...
In the course of a week, I created a 60x80 quilt top and pieced backing - from a photograph and a concept - with no pattern or cutting dimensions to follow, writing my own instructions as I went along. It tested my math skills, tried my patience, and stretched my horizons.
It involved stenciling - (for the first time)
It involved 3 weekend afternoons, and 3 weeknights - mixed in with the full time job, Scouts, Lions Club, bowling, house renovations, laundry, pattern testing for something else, a bit of knitting and the normal number of hours of sleep.
The best part was that the Munchkin liked spending the weekend hours upstairs with me -we watched some holiday specials and he pulled out the perler beads to work on some of his own projects while I sewed. He also modeled for me so you could get an idea of the scale of this project. This picture was before the final side and top pieces were added - and the quilt outgrew my design wall.
this is GREAT Regina - thanks for the photos - PAT PAT !
Awesome! You deserve every pat :)
wow, you rocked the Tardis...
Pat is well deserved! That is awesome. I love the dimension you have going on in each square. I do also really like the look of a mitered corner. It is easy and well worth the effort. I was going to miter corners on a current quilt, but I didn't have enough lenght in the sashing to do so.
I love this project. How fun!!
Pat pat pat!!!!
Post a Comment