Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Quilt for All Seasons?

This morning the Munchkin asked me why the Halloween quilt was still on my bed.

Beside the fact that it is a cozy quilt and works to keep me warm, I told him it was because I did not have a quilt for Thanksgiving... or Christmas (yes - believe it or not)... or Valentine's Day...

...Or Earth Day... he says, confidently.

Like everyone should have a quilt for Earth Day!

So we got chatting a bit about it -and he has decided/agreed to help me design one - as long as he does not have to spend a lot of time in the fabric store picking out fabrics... "'cause that is boring, Mom!"

So watch to see what April brings... it may be April showers, and it may be a new quilt for the bed. I am just curious to see what he envisions - and to see what "ecological" conversations may come along in the process.

3 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That's a great way to get him involved with the entire process!! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what an Earth Day quilt looks like. Maybe he can help pick out fabrics online....or least colors.

It will be interesting to see what size this quilt ends up being and who will be the lucky owner. Somehow I envision it being Munchkin sized. :-)

LYL MYM

(word verfication is "irthirla", might be a good name for an Earth Day quilt!)

Babs said...

I love this idea :) Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Will be a fun project to do together! Good memories to scrapbook ;)