Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mommy, you can make it!!

My son has so much confidence in me! We needed a thank you gift - and decided the recipient could really use a big tote bag.

"Mommy, you can make it" the Munchkin told me. He helped me pick the fabrics from my stash, and told me to put a "J" on it for her initial.

The tote was totally "off the cuff" - using a reusable grocery tote for rough dimensions, I pretty much made it up as I went along. The fabric was a home decor weight "canvasy" fabric with a lot of fray, so I did a lot of enclosed seams and zig zagged edges where needed.

I then used the Lazy Girl Designs Perfect Pouches pattern and made a large flat pouch for inside, and then used variations on that pattern to make a pencil case and a boxed bottom pouch out of the rest of the scraps.

I am not sure which was more fun to see - the look of appreciation and pleasure on the face of the recipient, or the look the Munchkin gave me when I showed him the finished set.

Both were really great feelings!!!

5 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OH that looks great!! I'm sure that she loved everything and it's too cool that the Munchkin thinks you can sew ANYTHING!!! lol

Marj said...

I love when things come together and the appreciation is a good feeling.

Gina said...

They look great. Isn't it wonderful when your child has complete confidence in you

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joan Hawley said...

Regina, I'm sure she loved the ensemble! Great job to you and Munchkin!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Testing testing.