Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"go"

This was block #5, and when digging through my scraps and composing the colors for this block, the yellow and green reminded me of something I had encountered while living in Japan - something called the shoshinsha. Since this quilt is becoming bits and pieces of "history" I thought that would be a fun and subtle way to include "Japan" in this quilt.

Of course some things are so subtle that I'm the only one who gets them.

Oh well.

The blue bubbles - if I remember correctly - are also found in DragonBen's baby quilt.

(BTW - this is block #5 - and "go" is Japanese for "five"... yeah - geeky me)

2 comments:

Barb said...

I really love the colors you are putting together ~ but then I usually do.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Looks fantastic! And don't worry, I think there is a bit of 'geek' in all of us!