Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tag, You're It

I am very bad about putting tags on my quilts - so while working on this graduation quilt I resolved to be better about that - and to go back and make tags for some quilts that have already been given away - at least those I have access to.

I like naming my quilts - it's fun, and usually comes out of the sewing process, or the fabric and pattern, or some little inside tidbit between me and the recipient. "Trouble with Turtles", "Orange Brick Road", "Random Road in Springtime", "Summer Sunshine", "Sock Monkey Hop" - these are just a few quilt tags that were made up today.

For this quilt I had a bit of a harder time - Joe's worked for me for 4 years, but I couldn't narrow that experience down into a quilt name...

Joe is studying Russian - in fact he just popped in my office prior to taking his Russian final exam. So I went to translate.google.com and plugged "Congratulations" into the translator, and the above text is what it spit back out at me. I have no way to verify it - so will take Google at their "words".

2 comments:

Deb A said...

That's a great idea! If I remember I'll ask my hubby to confirm the word when he gets up from his nap and after he does my rotatilling! He worked in Russia for a while and I know he can read some of it.

Deb A said...

Looks correct!