Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Like the turtle - slow and steady

I am making progress on a few projects -slowly - and starting a few new ones. One of the new ones I plan to write a tutorial on, so I am saving the pictures and such on that one for later.

This first picture is my Disappearing Nine Patch in progress- this is using charm packs from Moda's A Morris Garden. I am using 5 packs (30 5" blocks each) and making 16 blocks (12 done so far) - then cutting the blocks and reassembling into a Disappearing Nine Patch - randomly. This is before they get cut down, and does not reflect the final block placement at all. I just wanted to get an overall shot of the colors to show.

I plan to pull in one of the lighter blue on blue blocks in the border fabric, and a dark blue binding I think.

This other project is just a little "twiddle" that I found online and wanted to play with. I have not done paper foundation piecing in a few years and was thinking of teaching a class on it at our local continuing education program at the high school, so wanted to brush up on my skills.

No comments: