Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sister's Choice...

Lazy Sister Sue and I are doing a long distance "quilting bee" - we chose the same pattern, and swapped some of our fabrics to use in the quilts. So far that's been the EASY part.

The hard part - choosing to NOT show each other our quilt tops until both of us have them pieced. Normally that would not be so hard - because normally I am the one lagging behind on such things - but last night I got the centers for all 20 of my blocks pieced... and sitting on those photos and not sharing them is TORTURE...

I am going to cheat a TEENY TINY bit and show you one corner of the block I had laid out on the cutting board... Lazy Sister Sue already knows I am using yellow for my star points, so it won't give anything away...

Might I just add that if you are doing 9 patches -Bonnie's instructions with this pattern are GENIUS! Especially with scraps -I knew exactly what I needed, and had very little waste! I also finished 20 blocks in 2 hours - with a break to fold 2 loads of laundry!

Now to get some more whites and assemble all my yellow star points...
And you all will just have to wait on the rest.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

I think your quilt will turn out really cool. I always wanted a sister to do quilting things with. I think I'm SOL though! My sister in law shows no interest and my little brothers girlfriend isn't far behind her. Guess I'll have to rely on my mom.

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Can't wait to see the quilt! I love blue and yellow together.

Barb said...

I too ~ love the idea of doing a long distance swap with your sister. I have one sister that quilts but unfortunately she and I don't really speak (very long story). Anyone out there wanna be my long distance sister? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize those fabrics!!!! I'm sorry I am the one lagging behind this time but just haven't been able to fit it into my schedule yet. But that quilting getaway with the Busy Bees is coming up on April 11 and that is the project I am taking to work on. Pictures will follow...........