Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sharing the Love

I had LOTS of this train fabric - after making both a pillowcase and a new tote for the Munchkin, I STILL had LOTS of this train fabric. So last night I decided to share the love - and the fabric -and whip up a few little gifties for some friends.

Two little kids I "know" are train lovers, too - one lives in Arizona and the other just moved from Florida to North Carolina. I've never met them - or their moms - in person, but know them from an online group of moms.

Happy Pants -the little one in Arizona - has a birthday coming up - so one tote is for him. He also has a big brother who likes trains, too (I think) so I put together a wonder wallet for Super Boy. Their mom was VERY generous in sharing a template file with me to make the Munchkin's birthday party invitations. Saved me a TON of time! Thanks!!!!

The other little train lover in Charlotte is such a cutie! She and the Munchkin would have lots to talk about if we could ever bridge the distance and get them together - train talk!!! She and her Mom are off to Tweetsie Railroad in May to celebrate her birthday - how I wish we could go, too. So she will have this little tote to carry her "train stuff" in.

Just need to get some addresses and envelopes and get these out in the mail.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Those are so cute! I'm sure the kids will love them.

Barb said...

Gosh Tweetsie Railroad brings back all kinds of memories. I'd love to bring the kids back there. Love the train bags. Too cute

Anjeanette said...

NO FREAKING WAY!!!

I'm in tears!

Anjeanette said...

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! WE have been totally enjoying our new specials. Super Boy keeps trying to come up with new reasons to take them everywhere with us;)