Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy! Birthday

So the stuffy head cold was not exactly what I wanted for my birthday - but if you overlook that it was not such a bad day. The Munchkin was content playing all day which let me get a lot of projects cut out and ready to sew, get caught up on blog and email reads, and just generally relax. Hubby came home after doing ALL the grocery shopping (and then some), made us a delicious dinner (chicken feta spinach pasta toss -yum!) and cannoli for my "cake".

Hubby even read my whole LOONG blog post from the other day and read about my plan to buy Mark Lipinski's Quilters Home Magazine, so he stopped at JoAnn's during his lunch break, hunted all over the store to find the magazine (it was not in the magazine rack up front) and picked up that AND a gift card! (Birth Month - Day 18 pocket - woo hoo!) Usually when I have a "hint" for him in my blog, I tag it with the label "wishes" so he can sort and find my hints easily. This was not even tagged! He got a big "air kiss" for that one (trying NOT to spread these germs -it is hard).

(oh - it is the March/April issue by the way - hot off the press!!!)

So a gift card, a magazine, and a big squeezy hug from my little one. What a great day!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a great day! Isn't it awesome when men pay attention and get something you really want.

Jen said...

I like the idea of tagging things with "wishes." I'll have to try that.

WOo hoo, glad you got it!! Did you get cards in the mail today?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

What a great hubby you have! Something that I will have to look for in a guy... if I ever find one worthy enough! :D

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh what a great day for you. What a great hubby. I'm not sure mine would walk thru the doors of Joanns without me (pushing him all the way). He did get terribly engrossed in a fancy commercial embroidery machine once and we had to stay for a couple of hours to watch it finish. That suprised me!
Regina in MI