Monday, February 11, 2008

Birth Month - Day 11 - Baby's Got a Brand New Bag

This is my first ever Miranda bag - another great Lazy Girl pattern. I already had the train fabric and since the Munchkin's day bag was getting a bit worn (it was a Harrods tote from Lazy By Proxy Sister Terri from her years in England) I thought I would make this for him. He also tends to be a creature of habit when it comes to his bags, coats, scarves and such - he does not like to change - so I thought perhaps the train theme of this might ease the transition.

It is hard to see in the picture - but there is actually quilting on this!!! Machine quilting! I did not go crazy and free form - I did diagonal "tracks" on the green bottom, and followed the railroad tracks on the train fabric. The inside is a fun and funky orange to match some of the train cars. I put in clips so we can cinch it in, or add the longer strap (to be made) if Mommy has to carry it for any length of time. The whole thing is short enough that the Munchkin can carry it on his own if he likes.

Now to make one for Mommy!!! - not with trains, though - I don't like them THAT much!

This is Birth Month day 11's gift - since I spent the bulk of day 11 making it!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

That's such a cute bag. My miranda is next on my list after I finish my future MIL towne purse.

Jen said...

Very Cute!!! Now what colors are you going to make yours in?!?!

Barb said...

I love your Miranda. They are so much fun to make. I'm already planning my next one!

Anjeanette said...

If that is not the cutest stinking bag I've ever seen!! My kids are trainies too. I just may have to make up a train bag for Happy Pants Birthday on Friday. Thanks for the inspiration. (Ok I may not end up doing it, but you make me feel like I can. LOL)