Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tools of the Trade


Hello, my name is Regina and I am a (recovering) craft tool addict...

Tool addict, gadget collector - whatever you want to call it - that's me, although I am getting better and more selective in my old age (truly I am!)

I used to be really bad about needing the latest and greatest - especially when I was very very actively rubber stamping. Of course having a family stamp shop did not make that any easier to resist.

As I later got into quilting, I realized more and more how I could multitask my tools - using a quilting rotary cutter and ruler with a blade just for paper to cut out cardstock nice and square, or using my rubber stamping tools in my scrapbooking, and I got more selective, buying more materials than tools.

A friend of mine recently posted a wonderful narrative about one of her favorite tools. This is one of my most used tools as well, and probably has tons of stories to tell, although mine has only seen one user.

I wonder what our other tools would say... especially the ones that might still be in the package?? (yes -there ARE a few of those!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

OH, I'm a gadget girl too; scrapbooking and quilting. I cross use a lot of tools. My coluzzle templates are great for marking basic shapes for quilting with a pounce.