Sunday, January 20, 2008

a "Mom" sweater


A few weeks before Christmas, I was inspired to ask my sister-in-law if she would be willing to knit me a sweater. Knitting is one of those things that I learned when I was young, but never really stuck with - so knitting a sweater is so far beyond my capacity. In fact I don't think I ever knit anything bigger than a blanked for my Sunshine Family dolls. But Jeanne on the other hand - now she can knit. She had made her mom a sweater - and I wanted one just like it, only in a different color.

So I picked out and purchased my yarn, and Jeanne got to knitting. Even with Christmas projects and all sorts of other things going on, she managed to churn out a GORGEOUS sweater, seemingly in no time at all! I love it - it is cozy, comfortable, soft and perfect in every way!

So why is it a "Mom" sweater?

Because in the first 2 (yes TWO) hours that I wore it, it was bled on, sneezed on, and wiped away a few tears (and I think even had a nose wiped on the shoulder!)

Good thing it is machine washable!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh that's cute!

Hey, shoot me an email; I have a group for you. =)

Job said...

it's beautiful! you look terrific!