Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Another Brick in the Wall....


When you work at a college that is "affectionately" known as the Brick City - where ALL the buildings are made out of brick - and you have a relative graduating from High School who is coming here for college that you need a graduation present for...

...can you see where this is leading?

Yes - another "brick road" - this one is orange and brown (school colors - looks better than it sounds). Boy is this pattern ever paying for itself! I managed to hit the fabric store on a fat-quarter sale and have been chain piecing turtles and borders and bricks. I have even managed NOT to mix up the colors -but my ironing board is this wonderful rainbow of green and blue and pink and orange.

Still no word on the identity of baby neighbor -but I think s/he has arrived, because there has been no one at home.

So work on the blocks progresses - I will have one 5x5 round "Turtle Crossing" for the baby, one 5x6 "Trouble with Turtles" for the Matriarchal Sister, and one 5x7 "Orange Brick Road" for the "husband's-father's-cousin's-daughter"

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you would love that pattern. Wish I had remembered to take a picture of the one I did all in creams and beiges for a wedding gift. It turned out beautifully elegant.

Looking forward to your pictures.