Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Inspiring Creativity

Our Lions Club just had our 2 day Country Fair, complete with antique tractor pulls, craft fair, the best Chicken BBQ in the world, live entertainment and lots of other fun. The first year I lived here I was actually an exhibitor in the craft fair, but since then Lions Club duties, and this year motherhood duties, have kept me from the ranks of the crafters...

But that doesn't mean I don't come away from browsing their booths with lots of new ideas - which is easy for me since I love to do so many different crafts. This year it was a fun folded photo album - great for a grandparent's brag book, or in my case, a thank you to the friend who showed me the booth knowing that I would figure out how these things were made and soon be making my own. I found a website with easy directions - so you can see what I am talking about, and make your own.

http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-feb04.htm

I took advantage of my photo editing software on my computer, and actually cropped and printed all the text and photos right onto my base paper, so no additional layers were needed. I just need to finish the front and back cover and then make 2 more for 2 sets of grandparents. What fun!

Thanks Cyndie!

Where does your inspiration come from????

No comments: