Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Queen's Quilting Bee

Tomorrow night I hope to make a new friend - one of my students from a continuing education course was unable to take a quilting class I was offering because it was cancelled at the last minute due to lack of enrollment.

Unfortunately for her she did not find that out until AFTER she bought her fabric (and AFTER she went to the school for the class that night) - so after many missed emails and delays, we are getting together at my house tomorrow night so I can "show" her how it is done. She is a first time quilter and we are doing a quilt-as-you-go technique. I decided to work on one of my own - a patriotic throw to go on my swing for our July 4th "backyard drive-in" and also decided that this would be a "quilting bee" between (new) friends and not a class - so I am showing and sharing rather than teaching.

Geek Dad and NTG will be home - and Daddy has charge of putting NTG to bed while we cut, sew and chat. Lets hope they both cooperate!

No comments: