Monday, June 19, 2006

craftus interruptus

craftus interruptus - definition: trying to do a project with an (almost) 16 month old needing your attention. I have already messed up the "measure twice cut once" on the fabric and will need to piece one side of my new tote - which is not a big deal since I am working with solid colors and hope to hide that seam under the straps and pocket - but it does add an extra step. I also cut things in the wrong order, which will require piecing of the straps.

Oh well - at least I am starting the project - I have only had the fabric stacked up on the table for a little over a week. It's been so muggy that I have not felt like concentrating - and since I am improvising on a pattern I figured I better be in the mood before I started.

(see also bloggus interruptus - getting sidetracked from posting by the same child...)

No comments: