(NOTE -these are being posted non-sequentially. I numbered them when I wrote the posts on Christmas day - when none had been opened yet. Now that some are opened -I am changing the posting schedule)
This was a self designed quilt for my nephew -using some fabrics he had commented on from another project, and some colors he likes added in to round it out.
The big challenge on this one was the quilting - I finally decided on a big letter "B" for his initials, and played with my free motion quilting on this one. The rest was done in a big spiral out from the "B"
I did have one hiccup with a frayed seam -but luckily discovered it prior to gifting so I was able to get it repaired.
|The finished quilt after washing.|
|The Big B - frixion pen markings still visible.|
|The Big B - after ironing the frixion markings away, but before washing.|
|The Big B - after washing and crinkling.|
|The real label was in focus - it is just my photography that was blurry.|
|The backing - I got the text fabric from Ikea.|
|A bit of the B (backwards) and some of the spiral.|
|My "uh oh" moment (though I was a little more colorful in my dismay). I soon had this stitched back into submission.|