Sunday, January 08, 2012

Unwrapping the UFO - Part 8

Still no photos I can share, but I made a lot of progress this weekend.

One quilt is done done - except for trimming threads, adding a label and washing.

One quilt is nearly done - except for hand stitching binding, trimming threads, adding a label and washing.

One quilt is not quite so done - the FMQ motifs have been selected and marked out, threads chosen.  Machine still needs to be swapped from walking foot to FMQ, and binding still has to be made.  This one is going to take a while... I am stretching my skills with FMQ on this one and think it will be awesome when done, but don't want to rush it.

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense.

(oh - I also threw in making a name tag for the quilt guild I just joined.  A bit of couching and hand stitching, some bead work and some final sewing to go on that and I can show pictures.)

(oh and I killed a spool of Aurifil by using it on all 3 quilts - but luckily won a few more spools from Amanda Murphy Designs, so I am good there)

1 comment:

Jean(ie) said...

u got MORE aurifil thread? LOL! Love you! Happy stitching!