Saturday, May 08, 2010

Progress update

The quilt is growing... actually all 20 blocks are done, but my layout space is currently occupied by some trains and Lego, so I was only able to get 12 out for the photo.

I really appreciate Jill's advice on this one to press all the seams open. It has made a HUGE difference in bulk and made matching points so much easier. Now to get over to Shellie's and take advantage of her design wall and huge open floor space to really get the whole thing laid out and assemble the rows.

Of course my little helper has made all the difference. Here he is modeling a fun little pop-up scrap bin from The Gypsy Quilter - of course he thinks it is a great hat, but I think it is just wonderful for all those little bits and pieces that I just can't trim down anymore (I keep 1" or bigger - so don't have a lot left after me and my rotary cutter get done with things.) - it also collapses down flat so will be great to pack with me when I head out to sew with others. Hmm - if I get back to my scrapbooking some day I bet it would be good for that, too??!!

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love the blocks!! You are making great progress!! How's Shellie doing, I wonder....

Love the Lil Helper and his hat!! I have a pink one that Heather sent to me. I love it!!

Michelle said...

I love it Regina!