I finished up the last three blocks on the block of the month project this week - two at the start of the week, and the last one this afternoon (they are the last three on the bottom row). I also managed to finish up the sashing and cut most of the blocks for the borders.
Tomorrow (or later tonight) I hope to get a bit of sashing assembled to the blocks, and to the initial layout. I don't think I am going to lay this one out in the order the designer intended - but then again I used a mishmash of fabrics where her fabrics were more controlled and she did the brainwork of keeping things from bunching up.
I like these blocks - especially #4 and #11 - I may use those again in another project. For now I just need to get this one together and see how wild it really is. I think the preponderance of white and the use of only ONE fabric in the sashing rectangles will settle things down a bit.