Sunday, December 27, 2009

The gift is in the eye of the receiver

This holiday season I had two different people ask me what I wanted - and I don't think they expected the answer I gave them.

One was my brother - "what do you want for Christmas" he asked.
"old shirts" - I said - "old shirts I can take apart for the shirting fabric for a quilt project I have in mind."

He may have thought it was crazy - but this is what was under my tree:

Boy do I love my brother! There were four shirts rolled up in this little bundle!

The next bundle was a "thank you" gift from our bride and groom from Japan. Toshi offered to bring me something from Japan... and I sent him a link to a fabric store that carried Japanese style fabric and said "if you can find something like this..."

Well - they did - and then some!!! WOW!

The bundle before I opened it - even the furoshiki is great fabric!

The contents all stacked up.

The smaller fabrics - probably about 1/2 yard each.

The larger pieces -I think about 1 yard each.

Most of these are cottons - but have a nice texture to them like a homespun or a "raw silk".
Now to find the right projects for these!!! Hmm.....

Thanks everyone for thinking outside the box!!!!

3 comments:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

How awesome!! Glad that everyone gave you the things you'd love.

Gina said...

How fabulous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OMG!! You got some great gifts!! Very jealous gal over here! :)

I can't wait to see the Japanese fabric made into a top!