Sunday, April 04, 2010

Joan and her little ideas....

Here I was all excited about finishing the Purple Miranda II and finally getting it ready to be delivered to sister Cindy. So I posted about it here - and again on Facebook.

Cindy loved the pictures - and was eager to receive it - but glad to hear it was done.

And then Joan pipes up somewhere along the line... "Did you ask for accessories made from the remnants? I suspect you can get a Maggie and a Wonder Wallet for sure! :-)"

Oh the pressure! I had plenty of the dark purple left -especially since I forgot (oops) to make the sleeve for the Bag-E-Bottom. I had been wanting to try a large Miranda with the elastic/button closure, and I was able to piece together an outer cover for the Wonder Wallet (and put on an outside pocket).

And then tonight I got to making key fobs. It started with one out of webbing (sorry - no photo of that one - it was already stashed for delivery tomorrow) and then turned to any scraps I could lay my hands on and fold into 1 1/4" x about 10"-12" strips. Of course I had enough purple left for one of those - so there ya' go.

There was no way I could have finished them up in time to be delivered WITH the bag - but this way I ended up making even more - and if I mail them out this week, these just may beat the bag there.

And YES - the top turtle key fob is MINE!!!!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

ohhhh love your accessories...

Joan Hawley said...

Regina, the Maggie/Wallet/Fob collection are great! And the fobs are beautiful. Great job. Glad to help by inserting myself into the conversation and creating more work for you. Hugs, Joan

Higgins Design Studio said...

thank you!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

They look wonderful!! What a great job! :)

Jennifer said...

Those all look great! Where do you get the doohickeys for the fobs? They look like fun to make for gifts!