I could not post pictures of this before delivery - so here it is - "Thoroughly Modern Mickey" - made from Oz by Sanae for Moda, and using this pattern from Clover and Violet. I added in a few fabrics from a different Sanae line to stretch this out and get the size I wanted - same colors, but different motifs - and you can hardly tell the difference.
|The weather was cooperative enough for some "glamour shots" on the bench in the yard.|
|If you look really closely - you can see where the name of the quilt comes from. Another of my fledgling attempts at FMQ - this one was fun and I was really happy with how it turned out.|
Another fun part of this quilt was using the thread I had won in the Aurifil thread naming contest in April. I used it in the top and the variegation in the thread color worked nicely with all the colors going on with this fabric line. On the back I used grey thread and the backing is also a grey houndstooth, so it blended in nicely.
Now on to the other UFO's.